It’s widely known that babies have sensitive skin, so a homemade laundry detergent for babies is just what you need to prevent any skin rashes.
This recipe is great for a first timer in the DIY products, as it’s fast, easy to make, with simple ingredients and quite cheap!
Ingredients for 5 litres of liquid laundry detergent for babies:
- 250 g of vegetal marseille bar soap
- 250 g borax
- 200 g baking/washing soda
- 5 liters of water
- 10 drops of essential oils (I used lavender but orange is great as well)
Steps to follow:
- Start by grating the bar soap
- Dissolve it in 200 ml of hot water
- Add in a big container 2,5 l of water
- Pour in the water the borax and the baking/washing soda
- Add also the dissolved bar soap and the essential oil
- Mix well
- Add the remaining 2,5 l of water and continue mixing
- Let it rest for 1 day
- Next day it should have a solid consistency, so give it a good stir with a mixer and you’re good to go!
- We like to store it in the conventional recipients for less single use plastic #lesswaste
Below some videos to better understand the process.
Why did I choose the liquid version?
Because it can be used also at temperatures below 40 degrees and works perfectly fine. On the contrary, with the powder version, there is the risk that the bar soap doesn’t dissolve very well at low temperature washing cycle.
Why would I prefer a homemade laundry detergent instead of the conventional one?
First of all, because it’s all natural compared to the conventional version, loaded with harmful chemicals.
Secondly because it’s environmental & budget friendly.
And last but not least, it’s so easy to make and I use it for all our family’s laundry. I double the quantities and the resulted detergent lasts me for months!
Hope you found this recipe useful, let us know in the comments section down below.
See you next time!
Laundry detergent for babies
Ingredients for 5 liters product:
– 250 g of vegetal marseille bar soap
– 250 g borax
– 200 g baking/washing soda
– 5 liters of water
Difficulty level: super easy