We love fast and delicious desserts but this easy tiramisù recipe, ready in less than 30 minutes, is something else… and we make it from scratch!
- 500 g mascarpone
- 3 eggs
- 300 g sugar
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 200 ml espresso coffee
- 200 g savoiardi biscuits
- vanilla flavour
With a newborn in the house, one doesn’t have much time to bake desserts but for sure one craves them *guilty* I highly encourage you to take half an hour and try this recipe, it will be a success.
Steps to follow:
- Start with making the mascarpone cream, it’s the same one we used for the fruitcake: link
- Separate the eggs
- Mix the egg whites very well until they become solid, use a bit of the sugar
- Mix the yolks with the remaining sugar and the vanilla flavour
- When the sugar is melted, add the mascarpone cream and continue mixing for another 2 minutes
- Using a spatula, slowly incorporate the egg whites into the mascarpone cream
- Make the espresso coffee
- One by one, dip the savoiardi biscuits into the coffee for a few seconds, while the coffee is still hot
- Put the savoiardi into a pan and start forming the base layer of the tiramisu
- Add half of the mascarpone cream on top of the savoiardi
- Repeat dipping the savoiardi into the coffee and form the second layer
- Add the remaining cream on top and pour some cocoa powder on it
- It’s done! but for a delicious result, let it rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving it
Below a video to better understand the process.
If you want to make a special tiramisù, you can try the fruit version by dipping the savoiardi into a fresh orange juice, not coffee anymore. Also add your favorite fruits with the mascarpone cream and you’ll get a fresh and yummy reinvented tiramisù!
P.S. In case you are interested in another fast & delicious italian dessert, check out this one : italian ricotta & jam tart – crostata.
Easy tiramisù recipe from scratch
– 500 g mascarpone
– 300 g sugar
– 3 eggs
– 20 g cocoa powder
– 200 ml espresso coffee
– 200 g savoiardi biscuits (ladyfingers)
– vanilla or other flavour (orange/limon/rum)
Difficulty level: easy
Time to prepare: less than 30 minutes
Rest in the fridge for: 2-3 hours
Dessert ready in: approx. 3 hours